- Bauer Sauce Kit Review
- TRUE TF9 Skates Review
- KAV Sports 3D Printed Hockey Helmet Review
- Conquest Hockey Recharge Tech Fleece Review
- Conquest Hockey Sensation Thermal Review
- Conquest Hockey Wrap-Around Hoodie Review
- Conquest Hockey Virtuoso 2.0 Hat Review
- STX Surgeon RX3 Stick Review
- 2018 True A6.0 SBP Stick Review
- Oneiric vs CCM, Bauer, and Shock Doctor: Base Layer Pants Comparison Review
NHL Three Stars: What Are They Using?
- Updated: October 11, 2017
The first week of NHL action during the 2017-18 season is in the books and the top three stars for the week have been announced. Bringing back on old weekly tradition, we’re going to dive into not just the top three stars, but also look at what gear they are using to find success.
FIRST STAR – ALEX OVECHKIN, WASHINGTON CAPITALS
Alex Ovechkin has started the 2017-18 NHL season at an absolutely blistering pace. In his first two games, he recorded two hat tricks, and seven total goals to lead the league. Ovechkin is the first player since the NHL’s inaugural season to achieve such a feat.
SECOND STAR – MARC-ANDRE FLEURY, VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
Marc-Andre Fleury helped lead the newest NHL franchise to a 2-0 start by posting a 0.98 goals-against average along with a .973 save percentage in his first two contests. He recorded 45 saves against the Dallas Stars in the season opener and followed that up with a 27 save performance over the Arizona Coyotes.
Catch Glove: CCM Premier II Catch Glove
Blocker: CCM Premier II Blocker
Goal Pads: CCM Premier II Goal Pads
Stick: CCM Goal Stick
THIRD STAR – WAYNE SIMMONDS, PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
Wayne Simmonds made his mark in two games by tallying four goals. He opened the season with his second career hat trick, including a game-winner, and followed that up with another game-winner in his third game of the season.