- No Sweat Helmet Liner Review
- Hockey Fat Bikes Review and Coupon Code
- Rink Rat Dual Identity Wheels Review
- Fischer CT 850 Stick Review
- CCM RBZ Revolution Stick Review
- Adrenaline Powerfoot Review
- Copper Joint Compression Knee Sleeve Review
- Sherwood Rekker EK60 Stick Review
- Blade Hockey Laces and Wax Review
- Konixx Pure Roller Hockey Wheels Review
Shattenkirk signs with Rangers for 4 years
- Updated: July 1, 2017
It appears as if the New York Rangers have landed coveted free agent defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk nearly two hours after the beginning of the 2017 free agency period with a four-year contract worth $26.6 million.
Shattenkirk, 28, has spent a good majority of the past two seasons with his name in the rumor mill. Originally drafted 14th overall in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft by the Colorado Avalanche, Shattenkirk was part of the blockbuster deal that included Chris Stewart and a conditional second round draft pick going to the St. Louis Blues in exchange for Erik Johnson, Jay McClement and a conditional first-round pick. He stayed in St. Louis from 2011 until 2017 when he was traded to the Washington Capitals at the trade deadline.
A native of New Rochelle, New York, it was rumored that he preferred to sign with a team close to home—which basically limited the scope to the Rangers, Islanders, Devils, and possible the Sabres and Bruins.
Considered to be the top defensman in this year’s free agent class, Shattenkirk had 13 goals and 43 assists for 56 points in 80 games split between St. Louis and Washington.