- KAV Sports 3D Printed Hockey Helmet Review
- Conquest Hockey Recharge Tech Fleece Review
- Conquest Hockey Sensation Thermal Review
- Conquest Hockey Wrap-Around Hoodie Review
- Conquest Hockey Virtuoso 2.0 Hat Review
- STX Surgeon RX3 Stick Review
- 2018 True A6.0 SBP Stick Review
- Oneiric vs CCM, Bauer, and Shock Doctor: Base Layer Pants Comparison Review
- Elevate XL27 Stick Review
- CCM Ribcor 70K Skates Review
Red Wings sign Trevor Daley to three-year contract, add Witkowski
- Updated: July 1, 2017
The Detroit Red Wings disparately needed to address their defensive deficiencies this offseason, which led them to aggressively pursue Trevor Daley in the days leading up to free agency.
And it looks like the Red Wings got their man.
Coming off of back-to-back Stanley Cup championships with the Pittsburgh Penguin, the 33-year-old defenseman has inked a three-year, $9.5 million contract with the Wings.
The move gives the Red Wings some additional depth on defense and leadership in the locker room while not breaking the bank. His cap hit will be $3.178 million.
Daley had five goals and 19 points in 56 games last season. He can log a lot of ice time (20:22 last season) and play on the power-play and penalty-killing units.
The team also added Luke Witkowski to the fold with a one-year contract worth $750,000, giving the team some much-needed toughness.