- KAV Sports 3D Printed Hockey Helmet Review
- Conquest Hockey Recharge Tech Fleece Review
- Conquest Hockey Sensation Thermal Review
- Conquest Hockey Wrap-Around Hoodie Review
- Conquest Hockey Virtuoso 2.0 Hat Review
- STX Surgeon RX3 Stick Review
- 2018 True A6.0 SBP Stick Review
- Oneiric vs CCM, Bauer, and Shock Doctor: Base Layer Pants Comparison Review
- Elevate XL27 Stick Review
- CCM Ribcor 70K Skates Review
Duchene Blasted After Milestone Goal
- Updated: April 4, 2016
Colorado Avalanche forward Matt Duchene was blasted by his coach last night after collecting a milestone goal.
The goal, Duchene’s 30th of the season, came against the St. Louis Blues last night in the midst of a rout. Unfortunately for the Avalanche, they were on the losing end.
“The thing I have a hard time with is the reaction of Duchy after his scores. It’s a 4-0 goal. Big cheer. Are you kidding me? What is that? I mean, it’s not the reflect that we want from our guys. Not at all,” Roy said after the game.
Duchene scored with just over four minutes left to play in the game. His team trailed by a score of 4-0 at the time.
Roy would also go on to discuss Mikkel Boedker’s scramble to gather the milestone puck, as well as question his teams leadership.
“I think we have some good leadership. Maybe not enough from our core. We need more from these guys. They need to prove to us that they can carry this team,” he said. “Their core players are the ones who … our core players are having a hard time carrying this team,” said Roy. “I’m sorry. The core has to be our best players.”
Duchene, Roy, and the rest of the Avalanche are on the verge of being eliminated from the playoffs.