Hockey World Blog

Reebok RibCor Stick

Not only is CCM preparing for a new stick launch, but it looks like Reebok is coming closer to fully revealing the successor to the Reebok Ai9. More than likely slated for a late summer or fall release, their newest stick will be the Reebok RibCor stick.

While there is a still a lot to learn about the Reebok RibCor stick, the name gives us an idea of some of the technology that might be used. Some NHL players, such as Max Talbot, use or have used a stick with ribs down the bottom portion of the shaft.

Pictured below, the ribs on the Reebok RibCor stick are thought to help increase strength and stability of the ribbed area.

From the leaked images we’ve seen thus far, the Reebok RibCor stick will have a blacked out design. However, this was also the case with the original RBZ which remained all white before the retail graphics were unveiled. So later this year, the RibCor stick may come to market blacked out, but chances are it will see a few design changes before it hits retail stores.

Keep an eye out for a few NHL players to start using this stick before the end of the season. While we can’t be certain anyone will be using it just yet, they may get their hands on one for a few NHL games. In fact, Reebok has already stated that Matt Duchene has used the new RibCor stick and says its the best he’s used.

Take a look at the teaser shot below courtesy of Reebok and let us know your thoughts about the new Reebok RibCor stick. You can also see below a couple close up shots of the ribbed technology featured on a CCM stick and a Reebok 20k. Join the discussion and leave us your thoughts in the comments!

Matt Duchene using the Reebok RIBCOR Stick

Matt Duchene using the Reebok RIBCOR Stick

Patrice Bergeron using the Reebok Ribcor Stick

Patrice Bergeron using the Reebok RIBCOR Stick

Reebok RibCor Stick

Reebok RibCor Stick

Reebok 20 Ribbed

Reebok 20 Ribbed

Talbot CCM Ribbed Shaft

Talbot CCM Ribbed Shaft

12 Comments

1. Zach

March 11, 2013 at 7:39 pm

not only would the ridges help with durabilitly i think it would help with feel and grip.

• Mike

June 13, 2013 at 4:49 pm

The ribs are in the bottom.

2. nadia zelych

March 12, 2013 at 2:21 pm

the stick is stuck quiting doing meatspin

3. Scott

March 13, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Talbot needs a ribbed stick for his tiny…

shot!

4. Nate Faraci

March 13, 2013 at 6:40 pm

I got a broken 20K from an AHL pre-season game last October, and it has ribs. It’s obviously pro stock but is there a chance that it isn’t a 20K and just another stick painted over?

5. bren14

March 17, 2013 at 2:08 am

Yes its possible because you have to check the code though

• Nate Faraci

April 16, 2013 at 12:11 am

How would I know what stick it was via the code?

6. Demetrius

March 18, 2013 at 12:43 pm

I used this stick at a CCM/Reebok Demo last fall and was very impressed. It outperformed the RBZ and 20K in a side by side comparison, and I’ve been waiting a long time for this announcement. It’s a great stick.

7. Sniper

March 25, 2013 at 2:38 pm

The ribcor looks good. I loved the 20k. It provides great durability, puck feel, kick point, power, accuracy, etc. Reebok is the best stick maker in the business hands down

8. Sam

May 12, 2013 at 1:52 pm

The RibCor is a combination of the 20k and the Ai9

9. bobby

June 1, 2013 at 9:48 pm

I tried a demo version today and it is amazing. I’m a Bauer Apx guy but this stick was even better. Unfortunately the rep said they would not be for sale until August (and I couldn’t convince him to sell me the demo).

10. Datsyuk13Fan

June 5, 2013 at 9:16 pm

I saw Datsyuk using this stick, and I was so excited to check it out. I’m probably gonna buy it when it comes out. It’s the stick that datsyuk used when he sniped the top left corner on Jonas Hiller. I love reebok!