- CCM Tacks Stick ReviewPosted 1 week ago
- Reebok 20K Pants ReviewPosted 3 weeks ago
- Warrior Covert QR1 Stick ReviewPosted 2 months ago
- Bauer Nexus 8000 Stick ReviewPosted 3 months ago
- Stable 26 Hockey Skate Socks ReviewPosted 3 months ago
- Marsblade Training Tool ReviewPosted 3 months ago
- Reebok Ribcor Skates ReviewPosted 3 months ago
- Renfrew Pro-Blade XT Hockey Tape ReviewPosted 3 months ago
- True A6.0 Stick ReviewPosted 4 months ago
- STX Stallion Hockey Stick ReviewPosted 4 months ago
Bauer IMS 11.0 Helmet
- Updated: January 28, 2013
After acquiring Cascade Sports, we knew it wouldn’t be long before Bauer released a helmet using Seven technology from the Cascade M11 helmets. Instead of releasing one helmet, however, Bauer will be releasing a series of new helmets. The top of the line helmet from that series will be the new Bauer IMS 11.0 helmet.
As I mentioned, the Bauer IMS 11.0 helmet will come with patented Seven technology. This is a liner system designed to manage energy transfer from direct impact more efficiently than the foams traditionally used in helmets. This technology will compress on impact, laterally displace energy and then reset completely within seconds.
The Bauer IMS 11.0 helmet was also designed with comfort in mind. Using a low profile design, coupled with the ProFit2 system, you can achieve a nice 360 degree fit. The ProFit2 system relies on a 15 point no-tool setup which allows for micro adjustments to the entire shell to create that custom 360 degree fit. This setup will help to eliminate pressure points on your head, while still providing a snug enough fit to keep the helmet on your head during play and impact.
In terms of design, the Bauer IMS 11.0 helmet features an aggressive styling along with smooth and sleek sidelines. Using both shell and vent colors, the IMS 11.0 helmet will be available in 255 different color combinations. The shell itself will be available in 15 different colors, while the vents will be available in 17 colors. This will allow you to customize your helmet to match the colors of your team.
Bauer’s latest helmet will of course be CSA, HECC, and CE certified. It will be sold as a stand alone helmet, and also as a helmet with the Bauer IMS 11.0 cage. The cage will also feature the same certifications as the helmet.
Check out the Bauer IMS 11.0 helmet below and let us know your thoughts. Do you like the design? Will you be purchasing this helmet? Share your opinion in the comments and be on the lookout for the Bauer IMS 11.0 helmet to hit retail stores this spring.