- Conquest Hockey Wrap-Around Hoodie Review
- Conquest Hockey Virtuoso 2.0 Hat Review
- STX Surgeon RX3 Stick Review
- 2018 True A6.0 SBP Stick Review
- Oneiric vs CCM, Bauer, and Shock Doctor: Base Layer Pants Comparison Review
- Elevate XL27 Stick Review
- CCM Ribcor 70K Skates Review
- Rink Rat Trickster Wheels Review
- Oneiric Genesis Base Layer Review
- CCM Jetspeed FT1 Skates Review
Detroit Red Wing’s Kirk Maltby to Retire
- Updated: October 12, 2010
The Detroit Red Wings will hold a press conference today at 5:30pm Est. time. Expected to attend are Red Wings GM Ken Holland and forward Kirk Maltby.
Maltby has been sent down to the Red Wing’s AHL affiliate the Grand Rapids Griffins this year to make room for other up and coming players. Maltby, nearing the end of his career, may decide to retire instead of playing.
Over his lengthy career, Maltby has 4 Stanley Cups, all with the Detroit Red Wings. In 1072 games played, he has scored 128 goals and 132 assists totaling 260 points as well as a +18 rating. Although his stats may not be as stellar as some other players, Maltby has been a valuable asset to the Red Wings organization, both in the locker room, and on ice playing a significant grind line role and an excellent penalty kill.
From a fan, I wish you the best in your endeavors if you do decide to retire Maltby.