- Green Biscuit Snipe Review
- Project Rock 3 Training Shoes Review
- Bauer Sauce Kit Review
- TRUE TF9 Skates Review
- KAV Sports 3D Printed Hockey Helmet Review
- Conquest Hockey Recharge Tech Fleece Review
- Conquest Hockey Sensation Thermal Review
- Conquest Hockey Wrap-Around Hoodie Review
- Conquest Hockey Virtuoso 2.0 Hat Review
- STX Surgeon RX3 Stick Review
The Kirk Maltby Show
- Updated: October 16, 2009
Kirk Maltby has been on a tear (at least for him) to start the season with the Detroit Red Wings. He has collected two goals and two assists in only four games played so far this season. He is also comfortably sharing the team lead in plus/minus with a +3 in those four games. Not too shabby for a guy who has seen quite a drop in production since his effective grind line days back around 2003.
To provide a nice comparison, last season it took Maltby until December 4th to notch his fourth point of the season. That was his 24th game of the season. In addition, there was not a single time all season where he was a +3.
So what can we attribute this resurgence to? Are those 50 goal scorer hands from juniors finally coming back? Is Maltby simply taking advantage of the loss of so many goal scorers in the off-season? One thing is for certain, I wouldn’t pick him up as a fantasy sleeper just yet.