- No Sweat Helmet Liner Review
- Hockey Fat Bikes Review and Coupon Code
- Rink Rat Dual Identity Wheels Review
- Fischer CT 850 Stick Review
- CCM RBZ Revolution Stick Review
- Adrenaline Powerfoot Review
- Copper Joint Compression Knee Sleeve Review
- Sherwood Rekker EK60 Stick Review
- Blade Hockey Laces and Wax Review
- Konixx Pure Roller Hockey Wheels Review
Kronwall Proves He Has a Few Booming Hits Left
- Updated: November 1, 2017
Over the course of his career, Nicklas Kronwall has been best known for one thing – delivering bone crushing hits to opponents trying to leave the zone with their head down. The receiver of the hit is more often than not referred to as having been Kronwalled.
As time went on, however, the Kronwall hit was seen less and less. Likely due to his bad knee, Kronwall has played a more reserved game as of late and leaves the big hits to his teammates. Last night against the Arizona Coyotes though, Kronwall returned to his old form.
With the Coyotes Nick Cousins skating the puck out of the zone, Kronwall delivered a booming hit right as the 24-year-old forward crossed the blue line. The hit rocked Cousins, sent his stick flying, and sent his skate dangerously close to Kronwall’s own neck.
Kronwall’s hit came early in the first period, after the Red Wings tallied two quick goals. It helped energize the team further and deliver the message that the Wings were treating this game as a must win. There aren’t many of those in the NHL season in October, but with head coach Jeff Blashill already on the hot seat, a win against the Coyotes was a must.
Fortunately for Blashill, Kronwall and the Wings delivered a 5-3 victory. Next, they’ll head out west for a four game road trip where wins will be just as important.