- KAV Sports 3D Printed Hockey Helmet Review
- Conquest Hockey Recharge Tech Fleece Review
- Conquest Hockey Sensation Thermal Review
- Conquest Hockey Wrap-Around Hoodie Review
- Conquest Hockey Virtuoso 2.0 Hat Review
- STX Surgeon RX3 Stick Review
- 2018 True A6.0 SBP Stick Review
- Oneiric vs CCM, Bauer, and Shock Doctor: Base Layer Pants Comparison Review
- Elevate XL27 Stick Review
- CCM Ribcor 70K Skates Review
Hurricanes goalie Eddie Lack released from hospital
- Updated: March 28, 2017
It was a scary incident last night as Carolina Hurricanes goaltender Eddie Lack was taken off the ice on a stretcher following a collision with Detroit Red Wings forward Andreas Athanasiou.
The incident happened roughly two minutes into the overtime period when Athanasiou picked up the puck along the right-side wall and cut toward the net. Carolina forward Victor Rask checked Athanasiou from behind, forcing him into Lack. Despite the contact, Athanasiou finished the play and tucked the puck between Lack’s right pad and the left post. However, Lack immediately slumped back in the net and lay motionless on the ice while medical staff immediately attended to him.
Both teams gathered around the goalie as he was put onto a stretcher and taken off the ice.
“Thanks for all thoughts and prayers,” Lack tweeted just before midnight last night. “Everything looks alright and I’ll be able to go home tonight! Thanks for thinking of me.”
Lack was released from the hospital after being diagnosed with a neck sprain.
Lack is 7-5-3 with a 2.58 goals-against average and .902 save percentage in 17 games (15 starts) this season.