- Conquest Hockey Wrap-Around Hoodie Review
- Conquest Hockey Virtuoso 2.0 Hat Review
- STX Surgeon RX3 Stick Review
- 2018 True A6.0 SBP Stick Review
- Oneiric vs CCM, Bauer, and Shock Doctor: Base Layer Pants Comparison Review
- Elevate XL27 Stick Review
- CCM Ribcor 70K Skates Review
- Rink Rat Trickster Wheels Review
- Oneiric Genesis Base Layer Review
- CCM Jetspeed FT1 Skates Review
Pavel Datsyuk gets 25 penalty minutes with huge hit
- Updated: March 14, 2017
Former NHL superstar Pavel Datsyuk, who now plays for SKA Saint Petersburg of the KHL, had a career first when he was awarded a game misconduct and 25 penalty minutes after delivering a huge hit to an opponent during a recent playoff game against HC Dynamo Moscow.
The hit came with bout 4:30 remaining in the second period of Sunday’s game, with the series tied 1-1. Datsyuk, 38, took exception to a dangerous hit from behind moments before. He got up and immediately set his sights on the incoming puck carrier, who took a shot on goal and was then immediately laid out by Datsyuk.
For all intents and purposes, it was a clean hit, although it was delivered late and caught the opposing player in a vulnerable position. Datsyuk was awarded a game misconduct and racked up 25 penalty minutes on the play. What’s incredible to consider is that Datsyuk only racked up more than 25 penalty minutes in a season once in his 14 years of NHL play.
See video of the play below.