- Conquest Hockey Wrap-Around Hoodie Review
- Conquest Hockey Virtuoso 2.0 Hat Review
- STX Surgeon RX3 Stick Review
- 2018 True A6.0 SBP Stick Review
- Oneiric vs CCM, Bauer, and Shock Doctor: Base Layer Pants Comparison Review
- Elevate XL27 Stick Review
- CCM Ribcor 70K Skates Review
- Rink Rat Trickster Wheels Review
- Oneiric Genesis Base Layer Review
- CCM Jetspeed FT1 Skates Review
John Gibson Makes Incredible Glove Save
- Updated: February 8, 2017
Despite now losing four of his last five games, Anaheim’s John Gibson still has the ability to make some incredible highlight reel saves.
Early in the second period of last night’s game against the New York Rangers, Anaheim’s defense let Michael Grabner slip between them and catch a clean pass for a nice breakaway. Things looked grim for Gibson as Grabner had plenty of time and open ice to pick his corner and take a shot.
Somehow, though, it was Grabner on the losing end as John Gibson made one of the finest glove saves you’ll see all season. Grabner, a left-handed shot, tried to go high glove on the young Anaheim goalie, but Gibson was having none of it. The quickness of this save was unbelievably impressive.
I think we learned two things on this play alone. First, John Gibson has a sick glove hand and probably don’t test him on a breakaway like that. Second, if you’re Michael Grabner and you have that much time on a breakaway, you might want to try deking.
What do you guys think, was this as impressive as I think? What would you have done differently on that play if you were Grabner?