- KAV Sports 3D Printed Hockey Helmet Review
- Conquest Hockey Recharge Tech Fleece Review
- Conquest Hockey Sensation Thermal Review
- Conquest Hockey Wrap-Around Hoodie Review
- Conquest Hockey Virtuoso 2.0 Hat Review
- STX Surgeon RX3 Stick Review
- 2018 True A6.0 SBP Stick Review
- Oneiric vs CCM, Bauer, and Shock Doctor: Base Layer Pants Comparison Review
- Elevate XL27 Stick Review
- CCM Ribcor 70K Skates Review
Patrick Kane Rocked by Open Ice Hit
- Updated: March 21, 2016
There was a scary moment for Patrick Kane and the Chicago Blackhawks last night as Kane was absolutely crushed by Matt Dumba of the Minnesota Wild.
The powerful open ice hit took place about four and a half minutes into the third period with the game tied 2-2. Kane skated through the neutral zone with the puck lost in his feet. Kane’s head was down as he tried multiple times to kick the puck back up to his stick. Unfortunately, Matt Dumba was right in Kane’s path and laid the hit on right at the blue line.
Kane, surprisingly enough, knocked down Dumba as well on the play. He appeared to have all the force and momentum on his side, while Dumba was more or less just standing his ground as Kane skated into him.
After staying on the ice briefly to collect himself, Kane was able to make his way back to the Blackhawks bench. He would later return to the game, and Blackhawks fans everywhere sighed in relief.
It’s also interesting to point out how Artemi Panerin came to Kane’s defense after the hit. He went after Dumba briefly and took him down. While it looked much worse than it was, you have to love seeing that type of play out of a smaller guy.
Here’s a full look at Patrick Kane being hit by Matt Dumba.