- KAV Sports 3D Printed Hockey Helmet Review
- Conquest Hockey Recharge Tech Fleece Review
- Conquest Hockey Sensation Thermal Review
- Conquest Hockey Wrap-Around Hoodie Review
- Conquest Hockey Virtuoso 2.0 Hat Review
- STX Surgeon RX3 Stick Review
- 2018 True A6.0 SBP Stick Review
- Oneiric vs CCM, Bauer, and Shock Doctor: Base Layer Pants Comparison Review
- Elevate XL27 Stick Review
- CCM Ribcor 70K Skates Review
Emerson Etem Scores a Beauty as the Ducks Sweep
- Updated: April 23, 2015
Emerson Etem is a tough player to defend against, especially in the playoffs. He uses his incredible speed, great size, and of course his energy, to make himself a threat when he’s on the ice.
Last night in Winnipeg, Jacob Trouba saw all of this up close.
Late in the first period, Etem uses his speed and quick hands to pull off a nice toe drag on Trouba as he came up the left wing. Trouba bit on the toe drag, and then bit it even further as he fell to the ice. Etem used his toe drag to cut to the inside where he then released one of the quickest backhands I’ve ever seen. Etem’s backhand beat Winnipeg goaltender Ondrej Pavelec high over his glove, and capped the incredible individual effort.
The late first period goal by the Ducks tied the game 1-1 and sent them into the intermission with all the momentum.
Anaheim would score again in the second, and add three more in the third period to seal the victory, 5-2.
The goal from Etem was his first playoff goal since the 2012-13 postseason. In that year he registered 3 playoff goals in only 7 games played.
The Ducks, having swept the Jets, will go on to face the winner of the Vancouver/Calgary series. Calgary currently leads Vancouver 3-1.