- STX Surgeon RX3 Stick Review
- 2018 True A6.0 SBP Stick Review
- Oneiric vs CCM, Bauer, and Shock Doctor: Base Layer Pants Comparison Review
- Elevate XL27 Stick Review
- CCM Ribcor 70K Skates Review
- Rink Rat Trickster Wheels Review
- Oneiric Genesis Base Layer Review
- CCM Jetspeed FT1 Skates Review
- Bauer Supreme 1S Stick Review
- No Sweat Helmet Liner Review
Easton R800 Helmet
- Updated: November 9, 2012
Not long after releasing the E700, Easton is preparing for the release of another helmet. This one, dubbed the Easton R800 helmet, will see technology from Riddell Sports.
Riddell, who produces the official helmet of the NFL, is a widely recognized brand from of Easton-Bell Sports. Combining the technologies from Easton Hockey and Riddell, the Easton R800 helmet is designed to help reduce the number of concussions occurring in the sport today.
The R800 helmet will feature the same materials used in the Riddell 360 football helmet, including the Riddell Concussion Reduction Technology or CRT. The CRT will utilize shell offsets, extended mandibles, and energy-managing liner extensions to reduce the force of impacts on the helmet.
The Easton R800 helmet will also include a hexagonal liner which was designed to help provide comfort and stability on the player’s head. Utilizing energy managing materails, the hexagonal liner on the R800 helmet includes an inflatable back/neck/side liner and crown liner. There will also be a moisture-resistant antimicrobial overhead liner, which will be removable.
What are your thoughts on the new Easton R800 helmet? Will you pick up one of these when they are released? Go for something else out currently like the E700 or Re-Akt? Or just wait for the new Bauer IMS 11.0 helmet? Let us know in the comments!