- Warrior Covert QR1 Stick ReviewPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bauer Nexus 8000 Stick ReviewPosted 2 months ago
- Stable 26 Hockey Skate Socks ReviewPosted 2 months ago
- Marsblade Training Tool ReviewPosted 2 months ago
- Reebok Ribcor Skates ReviewPosted 2 months ago
- Renfrew Pro-Blade XT Hockey Tape ReviewPosted 2 months ago
- True A6.0 Stick ReviewPosted 3 months ago
- STX Stallion Hockey Stick ReviewPosted 3 months ago
- Fischer SX9 Hockey Stick ReviewPosted 3 months ago
- Easton Synergy HSX Gloves ReviewPosted 4 months ago
Bauer Vapor APX 2 Skates
- Updated: October 17, 2012
Update: The Bauer Vapor APX 2 skates are now available! Visit Pure Hockey today, or click here to purchase a pair! Use the coupon code HOCKEYWORLD when you check out and save an additional 10% on select items from your order!
Close up pictures have finally begun to leak out of Bauer’s latest skate, the Bauer Vapor APX 2 skates. Bauer has decided on a darker look for the APX 2 skates, removing much of the light gray from the original APX skate and replacing it with a dark
er gray on the APX2. Gone as well is the red stripe featured on the quarter package of the original APX.
Also new and improved on the Bauer Vapor APX 2 skates is the tongue – which as you can tell from the picture is much longer. They’ve definitely moved away from the Form-Fit 3 tongue from the original APX and into a new ultra-soft three piece tongue to prevent lace bite (and of course to flop).
Additionally, the Bauer Vapor APX 2 skates are using the new Tuuk Lightspeed Edge holder. The unique feature on this holder is the trigger which can be seen in the hole closest to the heel. This trigger will allow players to quickly swap out broken steel in a matter of seconds.
Finally, you can see that the eyelets on the Vapor APX 2 skates appear different as well. That’s because they will be using a new an innovative new lacing system. While we don’t really know what affect that will have, you can definitely tell from the picture below that it is different.
We first brought you a look at the new 2013 Vapor skates back in July. Many questioned at that point whether it was a new Vapor skate, or an older limited edition skate. We’re happy to confirm that those skates are in fact the Bauer Vapor APX 2 and look forward to their release next April.
Take a look at the new Bauer Vapor APX 2 skates below and let us know your thoughts in the comments. The latest skates from Bauer look real nice, but will you be replacing your current skates with a pair of these?