- Integral Hockey – Hockey Stick Repair ReviewPosted 2 weeks ago
- CCM U+ Crazy Light Ice Hockey Pants ReviewPosted 4 months ago
- Bauer Vapor APX 2 Stick ReviewPosted 6 months ago
- Silverback Chrome O Hockey Stick ReviewPosted 10 months ago
- Elite Hockey Compression Grip Jock Pant ReviewPosted 1 year ago
- Elite Hockey Compression Grip Long Sleeve Top ReviewPosted 1 year ago
- Fischer SX3 Hockey Stick ReviewPosted 2 years ago
- Easton Mako Hockey Stick ReviewPosted 2 years ago
- Fischer SX7 Hockey Stick Review: Initial ImpressionsPosted 2 years ago
- Miken MV5 Pro Radial Hockey Stick Review 2Posted 2 years ago
Bauer Vapor APX 2 Skates
- Updated: October 17, 2012
Update: The Bauer Vapor APX 2 skates are now available! Visit Pure Hockey today, or click here to purchase a pair! Use the coupon code HOCKEYWORLD when you check out and save an additional 10% on select items from your order!
Close up pictures have finally begun to leak out of Bauer’s latest skate, the Bauer Vapor APX 2 skates. Bauer has decided on a darker look for the APX 2 skates, removing much of the light gray from the original APX skate and replacing it with a dark
er gray on the APX2. Gone as well is the red stripe featured on the quarter package of the original APX.
Also new and improved on the Bauer Vapor APX 2 skates is the tongue – which as you can tell from the picture is much longer. They’ve definitely moved away from the Form-Fit 3 tongue from the original APX and into a new ultra-soft three piece tongue to prevent lace bite (and of course to flop).
Additionally, the Bauer Vapor APX 2 skates are using the new Tuuk Lightspeed Edge holder. The unique feature on this holder is the trigger which can be seen in the hole closest to the heel. This trigger will allow players to quickly swap out broken steel in a matter of seconds.
Finally, you can see that the eyelets on the Vapor APX 2 skates appear different as well. That’s because they will be using a new an innovative new lacing system. While we don’t really know what affect that will have, you can definitely tell from the picture below that it is different.
We first brought you a look at the new 2013 Vapor skates back in July. Many questioned at that point whether it was a new Vapor skate, or an older limited edition skate. We’re happy to confirm that those skates are in fact the Bauer Vapor APX 2 and look forward to their release next April.
Take a look at the new Bauer Vapor APX 2 skates below and let us know your thoughts in the comments. The latest skates from Bauer look real nice, but will you be replacing your current skates with a pair of these?