- Bauer Vapor APX 2 Stick ReviewPosted 2 months ago
- Silverback Chrome O Hockey Stick ReviewPosted 6 months ago
- Elite Hockey Compression Grip Jock Pant ReviewPosted 10 months ago
- Elite Hockey Compression Grip Long Sleeve Top ReviewPosted 10 months ago
- Fischer SX3 Hockey Stick ReviewPosted 1 year ago
- Easton Mako Hockey Stick ReviewPosted 2 years ago
- Fischer SX7 Hockey Stick Review: Initial ImpressionsPosted 2 years ago
- Miken MV5 Pro Radial Hockey Stick Review 2Posted 2 years ago
- Reebok Ai9 Stick Review: Initial ImpressionsPosted 2 years ago
- Green Biscuit Training Puck ReviewPosted 2 years ago
Bobby Ryan Skates in Labeda Cup
- Updated: October 8, 2012
Many NHL players are beginning to seek out other places to play hockey now that they’re locked out. Some have gone to Russia to play in the KHL, others to Sweden and Switzerland. Bobby Ryan, however, decided to take his talents to the roller hockey rink.
The 2012 Labeda Cup in Las Vegas took place last weekend, and while there was plenty of great competition, Ryan stood out. The Anaheim Ducks winger skated for the Mission team, and surely brought double takes from many of the fans in attendance.
In five games for Mission, Ryan managed to lead the team in points with eleven. Additionally, his seven goals tied for the team lead, and he was also one of the top performers in the tournament.
Unfortunately for Ryan and team Mission, they were defeated in the finals by the Las Vegas Aces. Ryan picked up the first goal for Mission, giving them a 1-0 lead, but the Aces would go on to win the game 4-1.
Ryan is ultimately no stranger to the game of roller hockey. He began playing in New Jersey growing up, then continued to play in southern California after relocating there with his family. His game eventually transitioned to the ice when his mother took a on the night shift managing a local rink.
For complete stats and game logs from Ryan’s Labeda Cup experience, check out the official Las Vegas Roller Hockey Center website.
Photograph courtesy Justin Crain Photography.