- STX Surgeon RX3 Stick Review
- 2018 True A6.0 SBP Stick Review
- Oneiric vs CCM, Bauer, and Shock Doctor: Base Layer Pants Comparison Review
- Elevate XL27 Stick Review
- CCM Ribcor 70K Skates Review
- Rink Rat Trickster Wheels Review
- Oneiric Genesis Base Layer Review
- CCM Jetspeed FT1 Skates Review
- Bauer Supreme 1S Stick Review
- No Sweat Helmet Liner Review
Brodeur Press Conference Pretty Funny
- Updated: June 7, 2012
I’ve never been a real big fan of post-game interviews, perhaps because the media typically focuses on New York Rangers’ Head Coach John Tortorella and his antics. Despite my typical avoidance of them, I happened to watch New Jersey netminder Martin Brodeur’s last night after a 3 – 1 win against the Los Angeles Kings in the Stanley Cup Finals.
The Kings, who were up 3 – 0 in the series and playing at home, lost game 4 as the Devils held on. It goes without saying that when you lose you don’t feel like talking to the media and when you win you are a little happier. Brodeur was just that, happy, with quotes such as, “…if you ask goalies we are always in good position, that’s why you hit the crossbar” followed by a little chuckle confirms that. His whole presser is below, but check out starting at 1:25 in talking about the Trevor Lewis breakaway.
Brodeur, 40 years of age and playing in his 18th season, could be his last. Posting a 2.04 goals against average and a .921 save percentage to date, he is still very capable of playing another season. Still, with his future unknown and playing in the biggest setting for a hockey professional career, why not enjoy it for all its worth he is here.