- Bauer Vapor 1X Skates Review
- Rink Rat Identity Krysis Hockey Wheel Review
- True XCore 9 Stick Review
- Buttendz Hockey Stick Grip Review
- Bauer Vapor 1X Stick Review
- Swiftwick Cut Resistant Compression Socks Review
- Bauer Supreme Total One MX3 Stick Review
- Mammoth IPA Player Bag Review
- Warrior Dynasty AX1 Gloves Review
- CCM RibCor 40K Stick Review
NHL Photo of the Day
- Updated: April 12, 2012
The first set of games for the 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs began last night and did not disappoint.
The Pittsburgh Penguins jumped out to a 3-0 lead, only to falter, losing 4-3 in overtime. Danny Briere picked up two goals on the night and Jakub Voracek netted the game winner.
The Detroit Red Wings gave it a go but lost to the home team Nashville Predators. Both teams struggled, against the referees that is, as Commisioner Gary Bettman was in the building. That did not stop Shea Weber however from slamming Henrik Zetterberg’s head into the boards in the final seconds of the game. With all the focus on removing head shots, it will be interesting to see if the Predators top defenseman will be sidelined next game.
Lastly, the Los Angeles Kings came into the Vancouver Canucks house and beat them 4-2. Vancouver were up to their ways as Ryan Kesler received an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty while Byron Bitz received a 5 minute boarding and a 10 minute game misconduct in the second period. Bitz only played 2 minutes and 51 seconds leading up to that point.
More games tonight, who do you think is going to win? Have you entered Hockey World Blog’s Playoff Bracket Challenge yet? Entries are accepted until Noon EST tomorrow, Friday the 13th.