- Conquest Hockey Wrap-Around Hoodie Review
- Conquest Hockey Virtuoso 2.0 Hat Review
- STX Surgeon RX3 Stick Review
- 2018 True A6.0 SBP Stick Review
- Oneiric vs CCM, Bauer, and Shock Doctor: Base Layer Pants Comparison Review
- Elevate XL27 Stick Review
- CCM Ribcor 70K Skates Review
- Rink Rat Trickster Wheels Review
- Oneiric Genesis Base Layer Review
- CCM Jetspeed FT1 Skates Review
Islanders add Schremp to rookie lineup
- Updated: September 30, 2009
Ever heard of Rob Schremp? The 23-year-old center who tore up the OHL a few years back by posting 145 points in 57 games? The Edmonton prospect was picked up off of waivers yesterday by the New York Islanders. If you aren’t familiar with Schremp, take a look at this video to watch Schremp dazzle in a shootout.
Here’s the problem with Schremp. He blew away the competition in the OHL and averaged 2.5 points per game, but he faltered in the AHL and only managed seven goals and 35 assists last season in 69 games. Plus, Schremp’s ability to backcheck has also been called into question. With more talented players coming up through the ranks in Edmonton, Schremp was never able to crack the lineup for more than a few games a season and never showcased enough talent to stick with the club when he was recalled.
On the positive, coming into New York will allow Schremp the chance to play with other young stars such as John Tavares and Kyle Okposo. The Islanders are a team building from square one, which should ultimately benefit someone like Schremp. It gives him the opportunity to learn on the job along with the other youngsters. The Islanders are willing to give Schremp a chance, let’s see if he takes it and runs with it.